Saturday, July 26, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - July 26, 2014



Stacking the Shelves is an awesome meme hosted by Tynga's Review.

Bloggers share the books they've received, bought, borrowed - and I collect more and more books for my 'must acquire' list.

My daughter started morning preschool classes this week (three mornings, a couple of hours), and I chose to kill time in a Chapters one day...

From Chapters:








The first five were all bargain bin pick-ups, and I'm happy with them all. I've read the first books in all but the Nicola Cornick series, and I've read her before as well, so I have an idea what I'm getting into there. Carniepunk seems like a collection of short stories by all of my favorite authors so it was an easy grab. The Queen of the Tearling I did hesitate over - I've seen it all over, it's clearly being really marketed right now. It seems like the kind of book I tend to like, with that epic fantasy feel to the description. Hopefully it's fantastic!

And the week wouldn't be complete without some Amazon.ca books. I grabbed a bunch of organization and time management things which I'll spare you from. I'm half-tempted to start a separate blog providing reviews of those materials because I have *so many* - maybe a review of the book and then a review of whether I implemented anything and how well that went.... Anyways! Courtney Milan's first few books were on sale for 99 cents on Amazon this week, so I had pick up... *cough* a few:







Okay, I picked up all the ones that were on sale. I'll be honest. I'm clearly a fan. 

I also picked up a handful of books for review but my notes are in such disarray (because some came in while I was out of town and my one year-old son discovered how to draw with pens this week so all my handwritten notes are... enhanced!) that I'll do a 'review collection' next weekend instead of trying to muddle through it all this morning!

What did you grab this week? See anything on my shelves that you think I should read *RIGHT THIS MINUTE* ?   

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I can't wait to see what you think of Dearly Beloved!
    What a great haul
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of excellent books in this haul. I see so many wonderful books here.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul this week. I really want to read The Queen of Tearling, definitely agree that it's been marketed like mad at the moment. I hope it ends up being a great read! I hope you enjoy all your reads this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul, I see lots of pretty dresses here. Too bad they would look horrible on me :P

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Queen of the Tearling IS fantastic! I hope you agree :)

    Happy Reading!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearly, Beloved is the second one, right? (Can't remember) but read the first, which wasn't exactly my favourite, but I hadn't read anything like it before, so that was something. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Agency looks good! Really awesome haul!
    I don't know if I've heard of most of these, but I'll be looking them up on Goodreads!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alyson Noel was one of my favorite authors when I first started getting into reading. Enjoy it!

    Check out my blog as well. Maybe even hit the follow button? It’d be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete